Frequently Asked Questions Directory
Can I attend IPW without purchasing a booth?
No. This is an appointment-based show and exhibitors are required to occupy booth space in order to meet with buyers
What types of booths are available?
IPW offers several different booth types to accommodate your branding and budget. From the turnkey Express Booth to the expanded island booth, IPW exhibitors can choose the footprint that best suits their needs.
- 6.5'x6.5' express booth
- 10'x10' standard (in-line or linear) booth (may be purchased in multiples to create a larger footprint)
- 20'x20' and 20'x30' Island booths (may be purchased in multiples to create a larger footprint)
- 10'x10' MTP booths (located in the Marketing & Technology Pavilion, contracted through the IPW Sponsorship team)
What is an Express Booth?
The Express Booth option is a turnkey, cost-effective solution for exhibitors with a limited budget. Includes one registration and the ability to pre-schedule up to 22 one-on-one appointments with traditional IPW buyers (with potential for an additional 22 appointments during Manual Scheduling). Express Booths are located in the Express Booth Pavilion; however, requests to be located in a specific geographic region will be considered if purchased by December 8.
What is included in an Express Booth?
- Branded graphic and sign with company name and booth number
- Express booth furniture package: one table, two chairs and one wastebasket (No need to submit the Optional Furniture Package Form from the Online Exhibitor Services Manual.)
- Key Contact Registration
What is included in a standard 10'x10' booth?
- Draped 8' back wall and 36" side rails (Booth decorations may not exceed 8’ in height on the back wall and rear 5' of the side rails. Side rail fixtures may not exceed 3’ in height in the front 5' of booth space. Variance will be permitted for exhibit rentals with standard 39” side wall panels.)
- Sign with company name and booth number
- Complimentary booth package, which includes a draped 4' table, two chairs, and one wastebasket. (Optional Furniture Package Form from the Online Exhibitor Services Manual must be submitted to receive this package at no charge. Requests submitted after the published deadline will be charged for the package.)
- The Key Contact Registration is now complimentary for all exhibitors.
NOTE: The required floor covering is NOT included in the booth rental.
What is an Island Booth?
Separated from our traditional in-line booths, Island Booths offer four sides to work with in a stand-alone area. Providing additional flexibility for your exhibiting space, the Island Booth allows you to welcome buyers from all 360 degrees.
Island Booths are available for purchase exclusively by U.S. Travel Association Board and Chairman’s Circle level members.
What is the booth height limit?
Maximum booth height for standard booths is 8’. The maximum booth height for island booths is 16'.
Contact IPW show management with questions.
What is the max number of people I can register in my booth?
Exhibitors may register up to four delegates per 10'x10' booth space. (Island booths: up to 16 delegates per 20’x20’; up to 24 delegates per 20’x30.’) Express Booths can only have one delegate: the Key Contact.
The complimentary Board Representative registration and the various one-day badges do not count toward the four delegates per booth space limit.
What is a Shared Booth
Certain booth-holding organizations such as non-profit associations (e.g., state tourism offices and CVBs) and for-profit parent companies such as hotel chains (e.g., Hilton Hotels Corporation, Marriott International, etc.) are eligible to share their booth with other individuals from organizations that are members of those associations, or subsidiaries and franchises of those for-profit companies. There is a fee for the Booth Share Option. All individuals registered as part of a Booth Share must pay the individual Shared Booth Partner Delegate registration fee.
What do organizations participating in a declared shared booth receive?
- The booth-sharing organization will appear under the booth-holder's organizations listing on ipw.com. The booth partner's sub-listing will include the organization name, delegates name(s), title, address, phone, fax, website, and email address.
- An organization listing in the Exhibitor section of the Find Delegates search results on My IPW and the mobile app.
- The booth partner organization's name, city and state will be printed on the delegates' badges instead of booth-holder name.
- A contact listing for the booth partner organization will appear on ipw.com under the booth-holder's organization listing.
When will I get my booth confirmation?
When all of the booths have been assigned and entered into the database, the Key Contact will receive an email with their booth assignment (in late February).
How do I know where my assigned booth is located?
In late February, when booth assignments are distributed, we will also publish a link to the interactive floor plan, which shows the layout of the Brand USA Marketplace Hall with regions and individual booths.
Note: Most Express Booths will be located in the Express Booth Pavilion; however, requests to be located in specific geographic regions will be considered if purchased by December 8.
Why did I get the booth location I was assigned?
Based on the region you designated and any requests you specified when you registered online, it was the best location available at the time of assigning space.
When will I receive my Exhibitor Services Information?
In early March, we will post exhibitor services resources online and email all exhibitor Key Contacts the link to Freeman's online Exhibitor Services site.
What are booth set up hours?
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.
Show hours are:
- Sunday: 8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
- Monday: 8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Can I set up my own booth?
Yes, if no tools are required to do so. If any kind of tools are required, you must use U.S. Travel Association’s official Contractor or appoint your own.
What is an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor?
Exhibitor appointed contractors (EACs) are independent contractors hired by an exhibiting company and can include booth builders, supervisors or designers, independent display companies, delivery personnel or technicians. They are used in place of U.S. Travel Association’s official contractor, Freeman. (Note: In order for employees of these contractors to gain access to the Brand USA Marketplace Hall, the exhibitor must submit their completed Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Form and related certificates of insurance by the deadline date posted on the Key Dates and Deadlines.)
Can I use unregistered co-workers to set up my booth?
Yes, but advance notification of that representative's contact information must be given to U.S. Travel for pre-approval (access will only be given during exhibitor move-in/move-out times). Submit this information using the Notification of Intent to Use Non-Registered Staff or Agents of Exhibiting Organization for Booth Set-Up/Dismantle Form.
Can I bring my own booth furniture?
Yes, you may hand-carry your own materials into the exhibit facility; however, the use or rental of dollies, flat trucks and other mechanical equipment is not permitted.
Is floor covering in my booth space required?
Yes. Floor covering is required at IPW. Flooring is not provided with your exhibit space purchase; if you are not providing your own flooring, you can rent carpet through Freeman. Show management reserves the right to "force carpet" (at the exhibitor's expense) in any exhibit area that is without flooring before the end time for booth move-in/set-up.
See "Booth Decor & Carpeting" section of the Marketplace Hall Rules and Regulations.
Can I bring a canopy for my booth?
Yes. Canopies, including ceilings, umbrellas, and canopy frames, can be either decorative or functional (such as to shade computer monitors from ambient light or for hanging products). The use of canopies and ceilings in linear and island booths is permitted with prior approval from the venue to ensure structure and fire safety compliance.
See "Booth Decor & Carpeting" section of the Marketplace Hall Rules and Regulations.
Can I coordinate aisle carpeting or an aisle archway?
Yes. However, requests for special aisle carpet and for end of aisle signage, booth archways or any other similar structure must be submitted and approved by U.S. Travel prior to show set-up.
See "Aisle Carpet and End of Aisle Archways" section of the Marketplace Hall Rules and Regulations.
Can I have a raffle/prize drawing in my booth?
No. They are prohibited on the show floor.
If I downgrade or cancel registrations, can I roll over my money to a future IPW in lieu of a refund?
No, you cannot roll over your money to future IPW trade shows.