Domestic Buyer Program
First-time domestic buyer organizations must complete the online Domestic Buyer Qualification Questionnaire. There are limited openings for domestic buyer organizations; applications will no longer be accepted once we reach capacity or close registration.
Domestic buyer companies and registered delegates are subject to the approval of the U.S. Travel Association and the IPW Advisory Group, which is made up of exhibiting destinations and organizations. Connect TOUR Domestic Buyers are subject to the approval of Connect Travel.
The following types of companies may be considered for the domestic buyer registration category under the stated conditions. Applicants should meet the majority of criteria under the respective category:
Criteria to Attend
Receptive Tour Operators
- U.S.-based organizations focused on international inbound travelers (50 percent or more of revenues generated from international)
- Must be U.S.-based organization exhibiting at IPW
- Cannot register an individual as both exhibit booth staff and a domestic buyer
- Organization conducts business-to-business transactions
Domestic Operators and Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)
- U.S.-based organizations with a focus on international inbound travelers
- Packaged travel should be core function of the business, offering a combination of hotels, attractions, transportation, etc.
- Organization must be in business for a minimum of three years and provide three current U.S. supplier references
- Feature multiple U.S. destinations/regions
In addition, eligible companies interested in attending IPW as a domestic buyer should meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Have the ability to transmit travel (view and secure inventory)
- Have a fully functioning website
- Be registered to sell travel (ARC, IATA) or be a member of an accredited travel association such as ABA, ASTA, NTA, USTOA, RSAA, SYTA, etc.
- Feature product on a year-round basis
- Approved domestic buyer companies* may only register delegates who have the ability to negotiate and contract product. Staff in positions such as Business Development, Partner Marketing, or Media Sales are not eligible to attend IPW as Domestic Buyers and may wish to consider exhibiting under the Marketing and Technology Provider category.
- Individual registered as a domestic buyer can only request appointments with those exhibitors who have not selected the Opt Out of Domestic Buyer Appointments Option.
Domestic buyer companies and registered delegates are subject to the approval of the U.S. Travel Association and the IPW Advisory Group, which is made up of exhibiting destinations and organizations.
The following organizations do not qualify to register as domestic buyers:
- Print, broadcast, and interactive media
- Marketing, advertising, and public relations agencies
- Consulting firms
- Research and data services
- Financial institutions
- Social and interactive media (SEO/SEM, advertising, email companies, lead generation, web designs)
- Software design, distribution channel management, revenue and reservation systems
- White label booking engine services
- Technology companies
- Social media sites and applications
These types of organizations may participate at IPW through the Marketing and Technology Pavilion.
Online registration requires organization login codes. If you attended as a domestic buyer in the past, and still qualify for this category, we will email you your organization login codes to submit your 2021 registration online.
If you need organization login codes, please submit the brief Login Code Request Form. Due to the high volume of requests, we cannot guarantee that login code requests submitted fewer than 5 days in advance of a registration deadline will be processed in time for you to qualify for a particular registration fee discount or to submit your registration form before registration closes.
To be eligible for the member rates, 2021 member dues must be paid by June 30, 2021, regardless of when the registration purchase was made. If the dues payment is not received by June 30, 2021, the Non-Member Rate will be applied to the IPW registration invoice (paid or unpaid) and balance billed.
Notes to all Participants
- IPW participants MAY NOT organize or sponsor any activities that conflict with the official IPW program or sponsored event during official conference hours. Violation of these terms may render the participant ineligible for future participation in IPW.
- IPW does not offer a guest registration for family members, and no partial registration to attend only the IPW social events.
|Up to 44 pre-scheduled appointments with U.S. suppliers/exhibitors|
|Group ground transfers between function sites|
|All meals and related functions which are an official part of IPW|
|Destination experiences and post-familiarization tours|
|Year-long organization listing on ipw.com and online access to all registered U.S. exhibitors|
Additions and Changes
Registration additions, substitutions and changes may be made online via the My IPW portal (using individual login credentials).
Payment must be included for each additional registration; however, there is no charge for name changes or substitutions.
Cancellation notices must be submitted by email.
In the event of a paid delegate cancellation, the registration fee will be refunded in full if written cancellation notice is received by U.S. Travel Association on or before June 30, 2021. Notices received July 1-August 6, 2021, will receive a 50 percent refund. No refunds will be granted for registration cancellations received after August 7.
Note: Refunds due from credit card payments will be credited back to the credit card used for the original transaction. Refunds due from check payments will be refunded by check sent by U.S. mail. If you require the refund check to be sent by express mail, a $25 processing fee will be deducted from your amount due.
The U.S. Travel Association cannot be held liable for any financial responsibilities incurred on the part of individual delegates or organizations.