The Power of Earned Media
By: Brand USA
The power of earned media is in the organic stories told by an unbiased source, which generate coverage of U.S. destinations expanding their reach and connecting them with new audiences. By focusing on earned media as a discipline, Brand USA drives trusted editorial coverage in influential travel and lifestyle sections in national newspapers, consumer publications, digital platforms and trade titles around the world showcasing why the United States is the premier travel destination.
Brand USA has always-on earned media strategies, like promoting What to see and do across the USA. The content is updated each quarter with new airline routes, fresh adventures and exciting openings in communities throughout the country keeping reporters current as to all travelers can experience on a trip to the United States.
One of the best ways to tell a story is to immerse the reader in the experience and Brand USA is using five storytelling pillars designed to anticipate travelers’ interests:
- the great outdoors to capitalize on the innate and heighted desire to reconnect with nature and roam free;
- sports tourism to showcase a culture specific to American sports fans and maximize the curiosity around the traditions and the community sports forms;
- luxury to feature curated experiences that give travelers inside access to a destination;
- culinary journeys to connect travelers to a local community through its food and beverage offerings; and
- as seen on screen to invite travelers to step into film and TV sets and live their own USA story.
Earned media is one of the most effective avenues to promote the entirety of the United States. Brand USA has been crisscrossing the country to meet with destination partners and connecting them to some of the most influential global travel writers to share their stories with the world.
Whether highlighting U.S. destinations that may have slipped under travelers' radars, touting five-star gourmet destinations to unlock the flavors of the USA or exploring U.S. sports moments and towns, our global press releases have generated coverage in some of the world’s most coveted publications, including Conde Nast Traveler España, Italia a Tavola, The Week U.S., Bartù Magazine and Prestige.
Stay tuned as the 2024 story pillars will be released soon.